When you build a new cloud or modify part of an OpenStack module, you need to test whether the cloud is working properly. However, do you have enough test suite for that?
Tempest is the official OpenStack integrated test suite. Especially, the scenario tests are ”through path” tests of OpenStack function, have real-life use cases and can test the interaction between multiple OpenStack services.
This talk includes:
- What is a 'Scenario test'?
- Overview of the current Scenario tests
- What types of things can be tested by the scenario tests?
- The goal
- How to use it
- How to add more scenarios
- Look at the demo environment
- Execute a scenario test case
- Verify the result
Masayuki Igawa is an OpenStack Tempest core member. He's contributed to OpenStack since Grizzly release.